Sunday, October 3, 2010

I am not going to Hell :) Words everyone wants to hear !!!

So many things have happened in my life in the past three months.
 I have not been able to post to the blog or scrapbook for more than just work.

It hit me that I miss my scrapbook life so very much. Someone said to me a few months ago that I should stop scrapbooking about my life and start living it.....That was some of the worst advice I ever got !!!!
LOL
(love ya anyway, you know who ya are, but it was horrible advice)

When I sat today in church, for the first time in years, I held in my hand my little bible that I carried with me during the time in my life when I was the closest to God that I have ever been and as I turned the pages I read the notes I had written in it from the services that I had attended and who the minister was and what his message was, etc and I started to think about my scrapbooks. I held that bible in my hand with prayers written in it from various trials I had faced and I just couldnt help but to think that when I was scrapbooking everyday I was always in a frame of mind that made me thankful for Gods blessings in my life. I realized that I am better when I scrapbook !!!!


Mike & Mikey & I went to church with my brothers family today and it was one of the three or four times that Mikey has been to church in his life. (That is so sad) He loved it. He said to me at bedtime that he wants to go to Church on ALL the Sundays !!!

 It hit me today that I refuse to put myself around anyone who will not think postitive about my ability to save my little struggling family. We have suffered thru so much this past year... The hysterectomy, the fire, the accident and untold things that cant even be spoken outloud.... but tonight for some reason I know that we are going to be okay. A year ago I had someone who was important to Mike & I say to me that they look forward to the "grand and glorious" day that my family would  fall apart.....those words hurt worse than I had realized. 

Today I sat beside my brother in church and he leaned over and told me that I am not going to Hell and it made me cry. I loved the sound of his approval and the sound of prayers and the songs and the fellowship. I love my brother. I am so proud of him and I am so thankful for his wife Angie. She has been a part of my life for so many years I cant remember what life was like without her in my family and I am so thankful for her. I have two sister in laws and they are as different as day is from night....but I feel so very blessed to have both of them in my life.
They are both wonderful mothers to my nieces and they put up with my brothers...lol

I cant tell you that I am ready to be faithful to my blog. But I can tell you that I am ready to be faithful to my family. For the first time in a very very very long time...I look forward to tomorrow.


http://www.wendybaisden.blogspot.com http://www.facebook.com/wendyhackneybaisden http://www.myspace.com/wendyhackneybaisden http://www.flickr.com/wendybaisden http://www.youtube.com/wendybaisden http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/466029.html www.thelinkoushouse.com www.inspiredblueprints.ning.com/profile/wendybaisden www.scrapbookchallenges.ning.com/profile/wendybaisden

3 comments:

pennyd said...

Wendy, your post is amazing! I can't possibly understand what your family has been through, but you were able to be in church together and that is probably the greatest blessing. I too feel that scrapbooking my family's history is an important action and, when the time comes,they will be my final gift to my children.

Thank you for sharing, my thoughts are with you.

Scrapbooking by Kelly Messer said...

I totally understand where U have been cuz I kinda feel like I have walked it with u some.. Even though sometimes I havent always been there when the actual things happen sometimes-i am glad I am able to be there with U to help U get thru it-and YES-U have over come it all I feel.. I think U are in a season of CHANGE.. Sounds like a great title for a scrapbook page-hint hint-hehe.. I am happy and excited to see what GOD has in store for U - Mike - and Mikey in the next Year.. I think U had to go thru all the bad to get U where U are now.. Your rainbow is gonna be really pretty in the end.. AND I want to be there to see it with U.. It may not be what we think is gonna happen or where U think U was gonna be in a year but I bet God has it all planned out already for ya!!! and U being in church Sunday and being obient to him is gonna prove to him how serious U are about it all!!! Love ya!!

Anonymous said...

wendy i am so proud of you and the things you are going to do in the future ! and i agree with your brother YOU ARE NOT going to hell! you are a lovely woman and great mom and wife ! you work hard at everything you do for your family ! you go girl ! love ya and take care see ya soon