Sunday, November 1, 2015

It's Starting to look a lot like Christmas 2015

Today I started my Christmas decorating. Yes, I know it's early but I just can't help myself this year ;)


This little country stove find at the flea market this weekend was what caused me to jump in and start the decorating process. It made me so happy because I was looking for something to place in that spot at the bottom of the steps. 

It's a cast iron stove that fit perfect into the space that I had without getting in the way of the path we walk. Did I mention that we love the flea market ?

This is our first year in the little house and I haven't finished so many things. I feel guilty a bit decorating when there is so much actual work that needs finished. 

Bill keeps saying to just enjoy it and live my life and let the feeling of peace have its way and stop fighting it. He is such a wonderful man. 


I don't think I have ever been happier than I am right now. I open my eyes in the morning and I am so excited to be Bills girl and Mikeys mommy. It's the most blessed I have ever felt. Don't get me wrong, I know God was blessing me all along to be healthy and be free and be safe from sickness and so many other things. But Mikey and I have never laughed more than we laugh now in our home and I know that it is because Bill is in our lives. I thank him about ten times a day. I have never enjoyed another person more than this man. 

















The living room tree has all my traditional family ornaments and the ones that I have collected since I was an adult. Ones that my sons made and ones that friends and family gave me over the years. Those ornaments are so special to me and I love getting them out yearly and unwrapping them one at a time to discover the memories that go with them. I believe the best gift you can give any person for Christmas is an ornament. It's the one thing they will still have in five years ;)


The dinning room tree is all red and white and green and is covered at the base with one of my favorite little quilts. I found this milk can at the flea market and I am gonna decorate it up somehow for Christmas in the next few days. 

My next project is to do the kitchen and then I will head up the steps to my bedroom and Mikeys room. I have a all white tree planned in my room and a red and blue and green one planned for Mikeys. 

I even found little itty bitty ones for our tiny bathroom ;)

I will be working on lots more Christmas decorating over the next few days so I will have to do a few more posts to cover it all. I wish my job was decorating. I so love it. If I had a redo on life I might would say I wish I decorated other people's homes for a job but I guess I should just be thankful that I enjoy decorating mine for now. 

Tonight I am gonna just sit here and stare at my steps and my little stove while making a rag garland for the fireplace.

I do admit that because I was buying new lights this year I decided to try the LED lights and save 80 % energy over the old lights. But it is taking me a little time to get used to the color of the white lights. Ya know, they are a bit more blue than the old energy hog lights. I guess they grow on me when I think about the savings on the power for nine Christmas trees :) LOL 

(Lots of junk still to store so it all ended up under the tree for now) 
The fireplace is going to be a fun project I think. I am excited to see how it turns out tomorrow. I need to dive back into the basement to gather more supplies and decorations to see what I have to work with and I need to go out tomorrow to gather some pine cones for what I have planned. 
The barrel is something I got at the flea market a while ago and I seem to just drag it out over and over for decorating. 
The larger of these two little trees, (Number three tree of nine I am decorating in the little house this year) is decorated with all the handmade salt dough ornaments I have been making the last few days. 


I think I need a wreath on the little window as well. Okay, yes, when I am finished it may look like Santa threw up but I so want this year in our little house to be the first happy Christmas of many, many more to come over our lives together. 
Want to Win a couple of the handmade salt dough buttons for FREE ? Enter by completing the following...

1. Subscribe to This Blog on the top right side at the subscribe button !!!
2. Follow us on our Pinterest Page
3. Like us on Facebook at You Know You Want That 
4. Leave a comment on this blog post at the bottom of the post saying you met these requirements and you so want those Buttons and that's it....The entry will close for this promotion on Nov 15 so get on over and do the things above and I will draw one random name on Nov 15 to win some of the cool salt dough buttons from those who have met these requirements and I will send them the buttons and post the winners name in the comments on this post and on our Facebook and Pinterest Pages. 

ALSO BE SURE TO CHECK OUT OUR WEB STORE (on the tab at top of the page) FOR COOL PRODUCTS THAT WE MAKE AND SELL !!!


So how many Christmas trees do you put up ? 

No comments: