Monday, April 26, 2010

Once upon a time....



The story on the card that pulls out goes....

I was thinking when I saw this photo of one time when I was a little girl about this size...My brothers and I saw a set of Guns in the Sears Catalog (catalogs were paper versions of online shopping galleries...we had those before the internet..lol) The gun set had three costumes with it...one for each of us and guns and knives, hats, and all the things to play cowboy and indian for three kids....Me & My two brothers, Tatar & Dee, decided that we wanted it...and dad told us that we would get it for christmas !

That year on Christmas morning we had so very much....as usual...and when the gifts were all opened...the three of us kids were so upset because we just knew we were getting that two page spread of cowboy & indian stuff...Our family joked for years and years later...we joke to this day some thirty five years later...that maybe this year...we will get our cowboy & indian order in time for Christmas.

It was just something that Dad told us to get us to shut up about the thing...lol...We had more than we could play with already....

When I saw you in this little outfit playing dress up it made me think of us wanting it all those years ago.
 
I wonder what you will wish for...I hope that I can give you enough...
 
-Wendy

No comments: