Friday, March 26, 2010

We moved back into our house !!!! Yeah !!!!!

So the progress on the Linkous House is really good. We have moved home and are cooking and living in the house now. Yeah ! I am so thankful !!! Yes, we have more to do....the basement is full of things that need gone thru and fixed up and I have a few details to get together but for the most part we have survived.

(me down behind the stove wiring it up when it came)
I looked so horrible this day Kelly just had to snap a photo ! Lol

I lost 15 pounds from Jan 2 to March 2 from all the hard work and I have determined that it will only take me half that to put it all back with all the cooking that we are doing in the new kitchen the past two days.

(My & Mikey's homemade chocolate chip cookies...yummy they were good)

Breakfast this morning was nice. We had our first guests and tonight we have a full house. It reminded me today standing in the new kitchen talking to guests that we love what we do here. Tonight I looked past the nice beautiful living room into Mikes office and saw Mike setting at the desk, Dr Chemma setting on the desk and Rod from the Hospital perched up on Mikeys tiny chair in the office and figured out....we gotta have a couch in the office ! lol   I love sharing our home with guests. I love it. I love their stories and learing who they are and about their lives. I love it when they say they slept like they were home. That makes me happy.

I am going to pop in the room with camera in hand tomorrow morning and snap a photo of everyone eating. I am excited for Mike and I to prepare breakfast again for them all. I hope It goes as smoothly as it did in Mrs Linkous old Kitchen.

I made the best homemade chocolate chip cookies in there yesterday and today made homemade lemon pie. Made breakfast buritos today and practiced up on my omelet making tonight :) 

Now in another week I think I will be up and ready for scrapbooking !!!!! That is when I will know its all over and done....when I get to set down and scrapbook again ! 

-Wendy

 http://www.wendybaisden.blogspot.com
http://www.facebook.com/wendyhackneybaisden
http://www.myspace.com/wendyhackneybaisden
http://www.flickr.com/wendybaisden
http://www.youtube.com/wendybaisden
http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/466029.html
www.thelinkoushouse.com
www.inspiredblueprints.ning.com/profile/wendybaisden
www.scrapbookchallenges.ning.com/profile/wendybaisden

3 comments:

Scrapbooking by Kelly Messer said...

I love the picture of U behind the stove.. it looks good with the reflection in the silver off the back of the stove-hehe.. i did good-haha.. That is funny about a couch.. just put u some more chairs like u had in there? I love to walk thru the whole house now and see how pretty everything looks and how clean it is after all the soot. it really looks PERFECT to me!!! My pancake puffs were great the other morning-thank U!! Your cookies are the best i have ever had!! now if u made me some and popped some M&M's n a few-wowie-haha..I can't wait to try all the new sweets and goodies U are wanting to try out-haha... we will just have to start exercising to keep our new lost weight off-hehe.. can't believe I missed the LEMON pie again-shucks-haha

Niki Ray's Book Blog said...

Your house is amazing. I am so glad you are cooking and living again :) Hope you have a fantastic Saturday :)

XoXo Niki_Ray

Anonymous said...

Glad you're back home Wendy, doing what you love to do. Enjoy! Robyn Fields