Monday, January 18, 2010

My Home Page

I got the day off from the work at The Linkous House today because its a holiday and the wonderful crews who are rebuilding our kitchen and the scrapbook room took the holiday off. It was a very needed break. Mikey is still having a very rough time. We eat most of our meals outside because the second we turn the stove on...He runs screaming to the yard in fear that our rental house is on fire. I feel so bad for him. I did this page today while not doing the million other things that I have written on a piece of paper that
 I need to do....Tomorrow...I will start that list tomorrow...

This page is going to be for a challenge over at Creative Scrappers and there's lots of time left if you want to join in on this one. Your page is due in by Jan 30th. The sponsor is Courture Cardstock

(click the photo to enlarge)


The journalling says

There is no pain greater than
watching you be afraid to come inside a building
I want to make you understand that our home is a place where me & daddy & you are...
It isnt a building that can burn down
I want to make you understand that we are okay
I want to take your pain away and give you the safe
place that you once knew as home....

The paper came out of a pack that I split three ways with my friends Kelly & Renee so I dont even know what line it is because this one I dont have a cover for :( But I have the pretty paper :)
The little black House and hearts and home and arrow stickers are the Family Dazzles from Hot off the Press that came in the kit with my Scrapbook Spinner Template sold on HSN last week and I love them !

This is the sketch from creative scrappers site incase you want to join in on the fun there





It is time again for scrapbook Challenges new sketch. Pamela over at Pamela's world of Scrap is ever busy coming up with a new and different sketch for us to try. If you havent signed up to join us over on Scrapbook Challenges I hope you will go over and take a look.


(click the photo to enlarge)


Here is her sketch



and you are so gonna wanna take part because you could win some cool stuff from


Nikki Sivils Scrapbooker is a manufacturer that "create(s) wonderfully original scrapbook paper and embellishments by focusing on our(their) imagination and love for crafting." I do hope you take the time to check out their stuff. :)
Nikki has generously donated this for one person to win
These are from the "U R My Favorite" line. Those papers are all double sided too, so here is a pic that shows you all of the designs in the line.
So all you need to do to try to win this is to participate in the weekly challenges and sketches. They will all be listed in the "Current Challenges" section. One person will be chosen by random from the list of participants to win the monthly sponsorship prize.

 (Nikki Sivils Information provided by Pamela at Scrapbook Challenges Site)

-Wendy

4 comments:

Tricia said...

terrific layouts here. I love them and those sketches you shared are PERFECT~

Scrapbooking by Kelly Messer said...

Your new pages are soooooooo Great! I love them and I am sooooo copying them too.. hehe.. I am proud of U! U getting to scrapbook will help lift your spirits about the fire! Nothing like scrapbooking to make a girl happy!! haha
shew we gotta scrapbook 2gether-it's been too long!

Niki Ray's Book Blog said...

Love the LO you have done love the journaling on the HOME one...sniff sniff..I am so sorry. But it looks like you are moving forward :) and great plans what a great room it will be fulled with all your creativity :)XoXo Niki_Ray

Unknown said...

Love your work! The layout for Creative scrappers is gorgeous!!