Monday, January 4, 2010

Scrap Outside the box Picked my page to win !!!

I needed this one :) Our house nearly burned down two days ago. It was pretty horrible. My scrapbooks are safe and my scrapbooking supplies need cleaned. We lost the kitchen completely. The Amerikleen crew will come in today and say they can spray something that will start to take the smell go away. It has been horrible. We feel very blessed to have gotten out alive and are just thankful we are going to be able to save the house structure. Thank You to all of you who have messaged and emailed and checked on us.

So on to my win...



The band Aid flower was my take on the challenge to use a band Aid on your page. My little boy is four and at the time of the challenge he had pink eye. So I wanted to do a page of that little event.

I found the Scrap outside the box site one night while blog hopping and found the idea to be totally fun and exciting. I cant wait to see what they do next.

You can click HERE to go watch my little Youtube Video on the Band Aid Flower

HERE is the original post on the band Aid flowers so you can see close ups of them !!!

8 comments:

Scrapbooking by Kelly Messer said...

i was so excited when i seen this last night.. congrats!!!!

Elizabeth said...

Glad everyone is safe and sound. Love the bandage flower.

Tricia said...

glad to hear that everyone is safe. Prayers for you and your family . Great layout and congrats. Terrific idea with the band aids.

laterg8r said...

great bandaid flower - glad your house didn't burn down :D

djp said...

so glad you won! that is the cutest flowe i've seen in awhile :) nice job!!

anazelia said...

Oh no Wendy. I am so sorry about the fire. Thank god you all are alright. And congrats on the page.

ellen s. said...

what a fabulous layout. poor little guy, though

Star Rork said...

Wendy thanks for your response about my cards. So glad to hear that it wasn't your whole house. Im sure its still devastating though! Great layout too!