Friday, November 6, 2009

Groovy Flowers !





I had so many things on this page that I wanted to share....

For starters this is a pack of paper that I got at Hobby Lobby on the week they had paper for 50% off. So this whole pack of wonderful My Minds Eye paper was only 10.00 ! It is called My Minds Eye, love nest, designed by Carina Gardner..http://www.carinagardner.com/

I am a huge fan of My Minds Eye paper and must have every new piece that comes out ! I could pass up some paper.....but NEVER a piece of My Minds Eye.

I used a piece of sandpaper and rubbed all over and along the edges of the paper to make it more worn. Then sprayed the completed page with a little of the Pearl color glimmer mist, which is now my new favorite because it is so transluscent and really just adds glitter to anything ! I love it ! http://store.scrapbook.com/ta-021012-2.html


The butterflies on the page is from my new 15 Butterflies & Dragonflies http://www.paperwishes.com/products/4007352 template of coarse and butterflies are an embellishment that I think you can add to almost any page. The template is also availiable on HSN (the home shopping network) and comes in a kit with several nice pieces of paper and a bird template that I gotta get very soon ! I used the template to make two of the butterflies and layered them one on top of the other to add dimension. I like to do the little "fly" trail behind the butterflies with dimensional bling and here I used black and cut out a trail from a pack I got at the last convention in Charlotte. They come from a place called http://www.want2scrap.com and I use them on practically every page ! They come in several colors...so I gotta have more !


The most important technique that I wanted to share on this page is the flowers and leaves. I made the flowers using punches that are meant to go with the     i-top brad maker which I recently purchased but havent gotten around to using. The punches however I love for flowers. I use the punches to stamp out three sizes and then ink the edges and work them with my fingers to make them loose and more dimensional. http://www.imaginisce.com/ProductDetail.aspx?id=964


I am always making flowers and using premade flowers and wishing that I had some leaves so this was my answer to getting the leaves on a page. I discovered that on my Walk in the garden cricut cartridge there are several leaves. I dont however like how flat and plain they are when added to a page. So i used my Tim Holtz ink and distressed the edges of the leaf and then wrinkled it up as tight as I could possibly get it and then opened it up again and messed with it in my fingers until it broke down the paper til it almost feels like fabric. Just wrinkle it up and mush it around in your fingers for a few minutes and it will get very soft and pliable.

I hope you love the page and make lots of these flowers and leaves ! Enjoy !

Be sure to see me making the flowers and leaves on my youtube video at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLIQhvyana0

1 comment:

Billena said...

Love this page as well and love how you added to the premade flowers or home made flowers the leaves and made it that much more special.