Tuesday, October 27, 2009

"Please don't ever be Aaron's Mommy" he said

Mikey is 4 and Aaron is 20. Needless to say there are a few years difference in their ages ! I pretty much started over a whole new family with Mikey. But for as long as Mikey is able to remember Aaron has been "Bubby" and has been a steady part of his life.

If Mikey looks outside and see's Aaron coming into the guest entrance he will run around the house and make his way to the side door to open it to let "Bubby" into the house.

Aaron likes to wrestle with Mikey and rough him up. It always ends in me saying to them "Okay thats enough" Because I'm scared Mikey will get hurt ! Although now that I am thinking back it seems I remember that Aaron is usually the one who walks away in pain ? (Mikey seems to always catch him just right )

Today Aaron was with me when I went to pick Mikey up from school and it was raining and Aaron said, I will jump out and go get him. As I watched out the window I thought it was sweet to see them together but I could see right away when Mikey saw Aaron that he was upset. I got out and started to walk toward them and Mikey said, " Oh Mommy, I thought you were not going to be my mommy any more !" He was so upset.

Our nightly story has always been that we tell about the day. He says, "Tell me about my day" and wants you to repeat line by line whatever he did that day. So tonight when we went in and climbed into the bed for our story he wanted to hear about how Aaron picked him up from school. "Tell me Mommy about Aaron coming to get me from school today"

I started to tell him the story and realized right away that he does not get that Aaron is my child. He realizes that he is his brother but doesn't understand that it also means that I am Aaron's Mommy.
I said to him  "I am Aaron's Mommy too" and he immediately started crying  and said, "Mommy, I dont want you to be Aaron's Mommy !" I tried to explain and he had more questions....
"Does Aaron have a daddy" he said. I told him yes that Aaron did have a daddy and he said...NOT MY DADDY ! ( I think he was certain that he was not going to share his mommy and now be expected to share his daddy as well ! lol ) 

I guess I never really put much consideration into what Mikey thought of me and Aaron together but I realize now that he thought Aaron was "his" bubby and that was okay as long as it didn't mean that he had to share his mommy ! Funny how his little mind works. "Please don't ever be Aaron's mommy" he said.

http://www.wendybaisden.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Billena said...

Aww look at those cute little piggies! I love cute little baby or toddler feet. Wow a big gap in your boys and I thought I had a big gap between my oldest and the twins and its only 10 years. hehehe You go Lady! Love these pages so much!